1. International projects: ICBR joined hands with INBAR in order to reduce plastic pollution, cope with climate change, implement the "Bamboo as a Substitute for Plastic" initiative, and established the project on " Innovative Product Development and Application for ‘Bamboo as a Substitute for Plastic’, which was kicked off on July 28th, 2022.
2. International academic exchanges: ICBR delegations participated in the African Bamboo and Rattan Congress (ABARC 2022) and the COP15 of the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity, and organized a side event on the theme of "Bamboo Forest Biodiversity Eco-Economic Complex and Carbon Sequestration".
3. International academic conferences: ICBR co-organized the 2nd Global Bamboo and Rattan Congress (BARC 2022) and 9 side events under the Conference. With the theme of "Bamboo and Rattan: Nature-based Sustainable Development Solutions", this year's Congress aimed to promote the healthy development of the bamboo and rattan industry, help achieve the goal of carbon neutrality, explore new opportunities for bamboo and rattan development, and create a new platform for bamboo and rattan dialogues. The Bamboo as a Substitute for Plastic Initiative was officially launched at the Congress.
4. International Organizations (INBAR and ISO) collaboration: ICBR signed a new round of memorandum of understanding with INBAR in 2022. With ISO, ICBR continued the efforts with ISO/TC 296 secretariat by undertaking administrative responsibilities and published 3 ISO standards, namely ISO 23067:2022 Grading system for rattan: Requirements and classification, ISO 5942: 2022 Bamboo-based activated carbon — General specifications and ISO 21629-2: 2022 Bamboo floorings — Part 2: Outdoor use.
5. Foreign aid training in bamboo and rattan: ICBR organized and implemented 4 international training courses on bamboo and rattan in 2022, namely "Seminar on Green Industry Development Driven by Bamboo and Rattan Science and Technology Innovation for Developing Countries", "Training Course on Design and Processing of Bamboo Furniture and Lamps for Ecuador", "Training Course on Bamboo Handicraft Processing Technology for Cambodia" and "Seminar on Sustainable Development of Bamboo Industry for Myanmar", and 1 international seminar on the construction of "Great Green Wall” for Africa, training 180 officials and technicians from 16 countries in total.